I tried audio feedback to whole group before and the response was positive. I also know it was listened to as the student's feedback comments were about the “erm’s” in the recording cause - but they listened to it!
So, I have tried it through Grademark with finalist assignment feedback for around 40 students for individual assignment feedback.
- it is quick to do the actual feedback
- didn’t involve me writing or typing
-felt more natural to me.
-second marker was complimentary about it.
- restrictive on where it can be done as it needed somewhere without many distractive noises and couldn’t be done in an open-plan office.
- only one student commented and that was positive.
- the feedback was looked at (not sure it was listened too) as evident by the tracking information in turnitin.
-would have been nice to have had more feedback
- would also have be nice to know whether the feedback was actually played or the feedback was just opened.
Previous work: http://apslandt.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/audio-feedback.html